WITW Monthly Meeting
November 5, 2018
The meeting was held at Palace de Jade on Moana Lane and hosted by Linda. It was attended by Jean, Emilynn, Eve, Bernadette, Laura, Lori, Rhonda, Lynette, Beth, Janice, Julie and Kathleen. We were called to order at 6:00 PM. No 50/50 raffle was held.
Kathleen started it off with a speech about how it is pathetic that the ladies aren’t putting miles on their bikes. She caught flak from some of the members because of her status as a retired person and it is unfair to compare her mileage with that of working persons.
Beth gave the treasurer report. We are in the black!
Kathleen gave a safety report on the safest way to pack your bike for a long trip. The article quoted stated that items need to be stored low, centered, and balanced.
The Christmas party will be held at Rhonda’s home again this year. Thank you Rhonda! Most of us liked the idea of helping to feed the shelter cats so a donation of cat food will be appropriate rather than a gift for one of our members. I hope that the date is decided on quickly. It was originally supposed to be December 9th but many scheduling conflicts have arisen and it is suggested that we hold it on the 7th of December instead. Stay tuned.
The 2019 Winter Internationals will be held in Cocoa Beach this year March 7-10. We have always had a very good time at the Florida locations. I hope many of you can attend. They ask for registration by 12/31/18 to get in the early bird prize drawing. To register on line go to https://witw-spacecoastriders.org/register . The deadline for registration is 3/1/19. Registration is $90. After 2/1/19 add $15. There will be no refunds after 2/1/19. Hotel registration is requested by 2/7/19 for the Group rate.
Other important dates and events are as follows:
- April 26-28 Motalk2019, Manhattan, KS-Hosted by Blue River Angels Chapter
- May 4th and 5th June Lake- Hosted by WITW Desert Curves Chapter
- June 6-9th ride California, Fresno CA hosted by WITW Fire and Ice chapter
- June 14-16th WITW Southeast Meet up, Outer Banks, NC-Hosted by Diamond Roses Chapter
- July 18th-20th, WITW Summer Internationals, Tulsa, OK-Hosted by Twisted Sister Chapter
- Aug 8th-11th, WITW Canadian Rally, Drayton Valley, Alberta, BC- Hosted by Drayton Valley Chapter.
The remaining meeting will be hosted by Rhonda
Lynette won the Gift card drawing. Submitted by Kathleen Shupp